Monday, October 31, 2022

Stars

As a little kid, you believe. You believe in your parents, friends, and siblings. I plan to chronicle a few of those beliefs which were passed on to me. 

While you read this I hope you are able to relive childhood innocence and all that comes with it. 

As a younger sibling and sister, my elder sister was my world. Those who know us will vouch for it. She has been everything to me, my guide, mentor, friend, confidante and you wouldn't believe but even my doctor! As we were growing in the 90's there is a particular brand of chips called Uncle Chipps

These chips were special, and they still are. They had a tingling spice towards the end of the packet. Once you reached the end you'd be able to dig your finger in the wee corner of the packet and stick that spice onto your finger and lick it. We called them "stars". While we were both equally fond of them, my sister being the elder one often got more "stars" than I did. But how I waited for them. 

This story is about one fine afternoon when I was put to a nap and my sister was awake. I got up to being told that an uncle visited us and gave a PACKET full of "stars" to my sister. I distinctly recall the regret I had as I was asleep and missed the opportunity. 

I fell for her story and this regret lived with me for a couple of years later as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment