Tuesday, July 26, 2011

it's not unheard of...


Irritated I was, I can’t even recall why,
You looked on silently and I wouldn’t look you in the eye.
“Was it the bank, the weather or food?” came your question to me,
“Stay here today I shall serve the lunch, you just wait and see!”

I shrieked a big NO!  I’ll manage I did yell,
She just won’t let me in peace, she wouldn’t let me tell.
She gets on my nerves I mutely thought,
Not bothering about all she had taught.

“Just sit quietly there!” those words I did blow,
And once in the kitchen I felt that my anger was a show.
Finally done with the serving as I sat down with my plate,
With a look that was trying to imply that my work had been great!

The dal had no salt, and no one had complained!
I was so irritated I made my ugliest face,
Wait I’ll get it for you, she clutched her walking stick and motioned.
“NO!” I screamed this time; I could no longer take it.

“Fine”, she said getting up, and lugged to the sink,
“Why did you go?” I asked, “To get myself a drink!”
“Okay”, I said and sat there with the tasteless food;
I turned around and saw her standing there glued.

In her hand was a spoon of salt,
I felt ashamed, hugely at fault.
So many times she has tried, to do all that’s in her might,
She only has us, that is her only plight.

From now on I try, to sit beside her,
I don’t want these days to fly in a blur,
I realize why she does it all,
I will obey now on, that is my call.


3 comments:

  1. mum?

    lovely poem.

    Following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Ram Pyaari- No, grandmom! :)

    P.S.- thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tch tch.. you can be a difficult granddaughter da! :-*

    ReplyDelete